Placing your funds in an Individual Retirement Account or IRA is a proficient way to diversify your investment portfolio. And once you stumble upon a good rate, it is expected that many institutions will permit you to lock in the interest rates for IRA for up to 60 months. Thus, even if the rates drop off, your investment will be secured for the whole term. However, when selecting an IRA, it’s critical to shop the current competition. This step is beneficial since most financial institutions will present promotional rates offering lofty APYs on “hot” IRA accounts.
Getting the Best IRA Interest Rate
Finding and opening your IRA account with a company that offers some of the top IRA rates available is critical to help maximize your retirement funds. We’ve researched and profiled all of best IRA companies available to compile our recommendations for companies that offer the highest IRA return rates available.
Here is our list of the top recommended companies with the best current IRA rates:
Our #1 Pick:
EverBank offers a guarantee that your yield at the time you purchase will always be in the top 5% of competitive accounts offered by leading banks. You can open the “Yield Pledge CD” as an IRA to earn high yields for your retirement savings. Because of their guarantee of having one of the best IRA rates available, they’ve earned our #1 recommendation.
- Current Annual Percentage Yield (APY): 0.90%
- Minimum Deposit: $1,500
- Account Fees: $0
- Open your EverBank account today
Interest Rate Calculation
The good news is that there are several interest rate calculation methods that you can apply as an investor to figure out what returns you’ll acquire from your IRA account(s) and what you should look forward to in the future. You should keep in mind that IRA interest rates incorporate numerous factors that result to the fluctuation of the numbers. For many years, the size or the total amount of the IRA nest egg account is dictated chiefly by the Traditional IRA or Roth IRA rates of interest that are highly influenced by the present market conditions.
The following are the steps you should perform to calculate the interest rates for IRA:
- Confirm IRA rates with the bank rate. Banks furnish good comparison tool that authorizes you to track the top 100 best rates in the country. If you only consider a local search, they also permit this function.
- Look for credit unions in your locality and contact at least two of them. Since these are non-profit organizations, they give back profits to members by providing them with better rates on IRAs and other forms of savings account, as well as lower loan rates. You can effortlessly find rate sheets at your local credit union.
- Browse through online financial companies. For the reason that they operate online, they have lower operation cost, so most of the time their rates are more competitive than brick-and-mortar institutions. Their rates are posted in their websites, so it’s very easy to weigh against other financial companies.
- Look for a longer IRA term for the best IRA interest rates available. If you don’t require prompt access to your contributed funds, it’s most advantageous to apply for a longer term. Asking for term extension of about 48 or even 60 months can assist you in locking in higher rates of interest,
- Watch out for promotions and other special offers. Like other products, some financial institutions offer promotions on interest rates that act like a “lost leader”. They bestow you with an excellent rate to get you as their client, with the anticipation of lengthening your relationship with them by refinancing a loan or applying for a checking account. Frequently, these types of promotions will be advertised in the business section of newspapers, special flyers, billboards, or radio advertisements.
Getting the Best Interest Rates
Once you obtain a good IRA interest rate, be certain that you lock the rate immediately with the best IRA company. Assessing the interest rates for IRA is important, you should not fail to ask about your retirement investing and the early withdrawal policies. Note that making distributions or withdrawals early may result to penalties.
Lock in today’s best interest rates with EverBank today.
Interest Rates for IRA,