Immediate Or Cancel
|(IOC) - Similar to the Fill or Kill (FOK) in that it has to be done immediately, but an IOC order allows for a partial execution.|
In other words, if the client enters an order to buy 10,000 XYZ @ 76 IOC and only 9,000 shares are available at the instant the order is present the 9,000 may be bought. The other 1,000 will be killed.
Fill or Kill
(FOK) - An order where a precise number of contracts must be filled or the order ...
An order to buy or sell securities at the price given at the time the order ...
A partial ﬁll occurs when a trader places an order for a certain number of shares, ...
« View the Stock Market Dictionary »
Latest Financial Advice
- Optimize Investments with Tech Mutual Funds
- Navigating Online Brokerage: A Comprehensive Review
- ETFs vs Mutual Funds: The Definitive Comparison
- Understanding Mutual Fund Tax-Loss Harvesting: A Guide
- Guide to Buying No Load Mutual Funds
- Navigating the Federal Reserve Benchmark Interest Rate: A Guide for Entrepreneurs
- Understanding Two Types of Capital: In-depth Review
Free Investment Advice
|Get free stock market tips and investing advice by subscribing to our newsletter:
* Your information will not be shared or sold.
- Trading Basics
- Investing 101
- Investing Essentials
- Understanding the Risks
- Beginning to Trade
- Trading Strategies
- Trading Psychology
- Retirement Investing
- Personal Finance
- Advanced Trading
- Penny Stocks
- FOREX Trading
- Commodity Futures
- Stock Tips
- Going Public
- Real Estate
- Research Tools
- Stock Spam
- Stock Market Dictionary