|Most commonly means one of the three eight-hour sessions forrntrading FOREX over a 24-hour period - Asian, European, and North American.|
Technically, there are ﬁve sessions between Sunday evening and Friday evening:
1. The New York exchange trades from 7:30 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. EST.
2. The Sydney, Auckland, and Wellington exchanges trade from 3:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. EST.
3. The Tokyo exchange trades from 6:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M., stopping for an hour-long lunch break, then trading again until 4:00 A.M. EST.
4. The Hong Kong and Singapore exchanges trade from 7:00 P.M. to 3:00 A.M. EST.
5. The last exchanges trading are the Munich, Zurich, Paris, Frankfurt, Brussels, Amsterdam, and London exchanges. These all trade from 2:30 A.M. to 11:30 A.M.EST.
Options Clearing Corporation: Established in 1973, the organization processes and guarantees the standardized options contracts that ...
King Kong Syndrome
The emotional high that overtakes traders when they do exceptionally well for a period of time, ...
Bulletin Board Shell
A blank check or shell company whose securities trade on the Over-the-Counter Bulletin Board. ...
« View the Stock Market Dictionary »
Latest Financial Advice
Free Investment Advice
|Get free stock market tips and investing advice by subscribing to our newsletter:
* Your information will not be shared or sold.
- Trading Basics
- Investing 101
- Investing Essentials
- Understanding the Risks
- Beginning to Trade
- Trading Strategies
- Trading Psychology
- Retirement Investing
- Personal Finance
- Advanced Trading
- Penny Stocks
- FOREX Trading
- Commodity Futures
- Stock Tips
- Going Public
- Real Estate
- Research Tools
- Stock Spam
- Stock Market Dictionary