|Funds a broker must request from the client to have the required margin deposited. The term usually refers to additional funds that must be deposited as a result of unfavorable price movements.|
Sometimes referred to as a market to market margin, the variation margin involves additional deposits of assets when market fluctuations demonstrate a higher degree of volatility.
Mark to Market
Process of reevaluating all open positions with the current market prices. The daily adjustment of margin ...
No Load Fund
Mutual Fund offered by an open end investment company that imposes no sales charge (load) on ...
Mutual funds are the most common type of pooled investment. Funds "slice and dice" many types of ...
« View the Stock Market Dictionary »
Latest Financial Advice
- Optimize Investments with Tech Mutual Funds
- Navigating Online Brokerage: A Comprehensive Review
- ETFs vs Mutual Funds: The Definitive Comparison
- Understanding Mutual Fund Tax-Loss Harvesting: A Guide
- Guide to Buying No Load Mutual Funds
- Navigating the Federal Reserve Benchmark Interest Rate: A Guide for Entrepreneurs
- Understanding Two Types of Capital: In-depth Review
Free Investment Advice
|Get free stock market tips and investing advice by subscribing to our newsletter:
* Your information will not be shared or sold.
- Trading Basics
- Investing 101
- Investing Essentials
- Understanding the Risks
- Beginning to Trade
- Trading Strategies
- Trading Psychology
- Retirement Investing
- Personal Finance
- Advanced Trading
- Penny Stocks
- FOREX Trading
- Commodity Futures
- Stock Tips
- Going Public
- Real Estate
- Research Tools
- Stock Spam
- Stock Market Dictionary