|The amount of trading activity associated with a given security during a period of time.
Stock volume is measured in shares, and options volume is based on number of contracts.
In addition, volume can be computed over different time frames, such as hours, days, weeks, months, or years.
Volume of Trade
The number of contracts traded during a specified period of time. It may be quoted as ...
Triple Witching Day
The third Friday in March, June, September, and December when US stock options, index options, and ...
A ratio of the trading volume of put options to call options. It is used to ...
« View the Stock Market Dictionary »
Latest Financial Advice
- Understanding Bond Investments: A Comprehensive Guide
- Prudent Steps for Preparing Financially for a Baby
- Understanding Mutual Funds: A Complete Guide
- Understanding Life Insurance Basics: A Guide
- Unlock Success: Essential Tips for Business Financing
- Mastering Your Finances: Effective Budgeting Techniques
- A Beginner’s Guide to Understanding Cryptocurrency
Free Investment Advice
|Get free stock market tips and investing advice by subscribing to our newsletter:
* Your information will not be shared or sold.
- Trading Basics
- Investing 101
- Investing Essentials
- Understanding the Risks
- Beginning to Trade
- Trading Strategies
- Trading Psychology
- Retirement Investing
- Personal Finance
- Advanced Trading
- Penny Stocks
- FOREX Trading
- Commodity Futures
- Stock Tips
- Going Public
- Real Estate
- Research Tools
- Stock Spam
- Stock Market Dictionary